Bible verse to remember is Jeremiah 29:11.
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
- Sunday 9:30 A.M. – Sunday School/Bible Study
- Wednesday 6:30 – 8:00 P.M. – Winning with Wednesdays – Games, Food and Fun Activities! Bring your friends!
- Every 4th Wednesday we will help serve with the Lost Sheep Ministry. The church van leaves at 6:00 P.M. Please check with Youth Leaders for Lost Sheep dates in January.
- Winter Jam – Youth attending Winter Jam please be at church by 3:45 Friday, February 23rd. Church van leaves at 4:00 P.M. Get ready for some great time!!!
- Dinner & a Show – February 24th – The Youth along with the help of a few others will serve Italian food and provide a fantastic show directed by Nancy McLemore! Donations accepted.
- YEC – March 9th-10th.
- Keep watching for more details about additional events.
For more information, contact Mrs. Nancy McLemore, Miss Becca Roberts or Mr. Brian Wolfe at http://www.grandviewbc.com/index.php/contact/
Youth Looking for Jobs
In our Sunday School class we have recently been discussing different ways we can minister to others. As followers of Christ, we are called to follow His example and share kindness whenever possible. The Youth would like to start a ‘Helping Hands Ministry’ and start off by helping out some of our own church members who are elderly, might be sick and / or home-bound, or who are just needing a helping hand. We’re hoping to also be able to reach out into the community to help others.
We can do jobs like:
Small Painting Projects
Light House Keeping
Cleaning Out Gutters
Changing Light Bulbs
We’re not trying to start a cleaning business!! But what might seem like ‘small’ tasks to some of us become much bigger when you are no longer able to do them.
If anyone is interested in helping us out, particularly with the more challenging jobs, that would be wonderful! If you or someone you know needs a Helping Hand, please call the church and let Geri know. Whether it is members of our church, or someone in the community, please give the necessary information to Ms. Nancy McLemore, Ms. Becca Roberts, or Mr. Brian Wolfe at http://www.grandviewbc.com/index.php/contact/ Include the person’s name, phone number, and address. We will make arrangements with the person or persons.
There is so much potential here in our own neighborhoods to reach out and be an example of Christ.