June 7, 2020 10:00 A.M.
Remember not the former things, nor consider the things of old. Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert. Isaiah 43.18–19
You may not remember what happened in the spring of 2016 or 2018, but you will probably never forget what has happened during the spring of 2020! The COVID-19 pandemic and the social distancing guidelines that have accompanied it have changed almost everything about our daily lives, and the changes are still on going and I know, that can be discouraging. Like you, I am ready for things to return to something approaching normal, even though I recognize that each step takes wisdom, caution, and patience. In the midst of it all, God reminds us that He leads us through the wilderness into the new things He has for us.
In the last several weeks especially, our deacon body and myself have been praying for God’s direction and preparing for the reopening of our church for Sunday worship services. Today I am thankful to share with you our upcoming phase 1 Sunday morning worship plans:
- Beginning with Sunday June 7th and throughout the month of June we will gather for Sunday morning worship at 10:00 A.M. in our auditorium.
- We will utilize two of our three normal entrances: the east or circular ramp entrance and our north or front entrance.
- We recommend your bringing and wearing a mask (though it is not mandatory) if you do not have one and want one, masks will be available at both entrances.
- We want to encourage our vulnerable population to take advantage of our online options rather than attend during the month of June, as per Governor Lee’s recommendation as well as mine as your pastor.
- We certainly understand our desire to greet each other with a hand of fellowship, and or a hug however, for now temporarily we need to do that visually with a smile, kind word, or a wave.
- We will not pass offering plates during this initial phase but instead will have them visibly placed for your convenience at the front and rear of the auditorium.
- For everyone’s safety and our ability to build on this first phase of reopening. Please make certain that you are not running a temperature before arriving, nor have you been out of the country during the prior fourteen days.
- We are excited and hopeful that we can successfully complete this first phase of reopening. However, please know that we will be continuing to monitor our community and state’s health data and if there is a spike in Covid-19. Our plans would be rapidly modified to protect our church family and community.
- We will continue to build on our phases of reopening by providing additional opportunities (Sunday School, Wednesday evening prayer, Bible studies, and choir practice, etc.) with great hope and excitement as we feel confident that we can do so safely.
Through the love of Christ,