W. I. N. G. S. (Women IN God’s Service)
Isaiah 40:31 (NIV) “…but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.”
The WINGS ministry invites all ladies to be a part of this exciting ministry.
PURPOSE: To encourage women to:
- Become equipped for spiritual growth
- Share truth of Christ in our home, workplace, community and world
- Serve others in Jesus’ name
- Build relationships that reflect Jesus Christ
- Use the word of God to support each other in our roles as wife, mother, daughter, sister & friend
- Serve others as Christ would
- Develop active outreach ministries
- Raise funds to support our church and missions
ACTIVE MINISTRIES & FUNDRAISERS:
- Monthly visits to members of our congregation in the hospital or a nursing facility
- Farmer’s Market – We are gathering produce from home gardeners to offer for free to our church members as well as the community. Donations are accepted and go toward church improvements and missions.
- The Old and New of Grandview Cookbook – A compilation of new recipes from our members plus old favorites from previous church cookbook editions. Copies are on sale in the church library.
- Fall Festival – Church-wide dinner, entertainment and auction each October. Members of the community invited to participate!